East Hartford Historical society
The Makens Bemont House, commonly called the Huguenot House, is a historic house museum at 307 Burnside Avenue in East Hartford, Connecticut. It was built in 1761, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The house is one of several buildings located in Martin Park and operated by the Historical Society of East Hartford as the Historical Houses at Martin Park. The Makens Bemont House is furnished to appear as if owned by a late 18th/early 19th century workingman, and is open seasonally.
The house is a 1-1/2 story gambrel-roofed wood frame structure, five bays wide. Its interior retains wide pine floorboards and other original period features. It is one of East Hartford's few remaining 18th-century buildings. It was relocated to its present site in 1971, along with portions of its original brownstone foundation.